We Are an all volunteer, grassroots organization that believes health care is a human right. Every person in the state of Texas deserves access to high quality health care at an affordable cost.
Our Mission is to promote single-payer health care for all by educating the community and influencing public policy.
Our Vision is a health care system based on six guiding principles: universality, accessibility, affordability, accountability, comprehensiveness and justice.
Our Goals are
- Guaranteed health care for all
- Comprehensive coverage and emphasis on prevention
- Public accountability and public input
- Freedom to choose and change one’s physician or other health care practitioner
- Portable coverage not affected by changing jobs, losing jobs, or moving
- Fair financing through employer and employee contributions based on income
- Guaranteed accessibility based on community need
- Optimal transition to a system established and implemented by consumer, legislative, business, hospital, and provider interests
Health Care for All Texas was founded in 2002 by two physicians at the front lines of medicine to promote universal health care by educating the community and influencing public policy.
Learn more about joining us here.
Officers and Board of Directors
Rosalia Guerrero-Luera , President
Dr. Stephen Chao M.D., Vice-President
Cathy Courtney MPH, co-Secretary/ Board Director
Kathleen Duncan co-secretary/ Board Director
Lesly Van Dame, Treasurer
Bernadine Williams, Board Director (Houston)
Dr. Byron Tucker M.D., Board Director (Waco)
Jerome Jeevarajan, Board Director (Dallas)
Carl Webb, Board Director (Austin)
Advisory Board Members:
Peg Nosek HCFAT President Emeritus
Ken Kenegos HCFAT President Emeritus
Dr. Kirti Sheth HCFAT Vice-President Emeritus
Dr. Christine Adams HCFAT Board Director Emeritus
Judith Lerma NNU, TX rep Healthcare-Now national board
Sylvia Searfoss NNU, TX rep Healthcare-Now national board
Robert Ferrer, M.D., M.P.H., San Antonio
Ana Malinow, M.D., Co-founder
Lisa McGiffert, Austin
Juliana Nichols, M.D., M.P.H., Houston
Lauren Oshman, M.D., Co-founder
Kirtiv Sheth, M.D., Austin
Steven Smith, formerly of ProTex: Network for Progressive Texas
Carl Starr, El Paso
Belinda Subramanian, El Paso
Serena Yang, M.D., M.P.H., Houston