We Are an all volunteer, grassroots organization that believes health care is a human right. Every person in the state of Texas deserves access to high quality health care at an affordable cost.
Our Mission is to promote single-payer health care for all by educating the community and influencing public policy.
Our Vision is a health care system based on six guiding principles: universality, accessibility, affordability, accountability, comprehensiveness and justice.
Our Goals are
- Guaranteed health care for all
- Comprehensive coverage and emphasis on prevention
- Public accountability and public input
- Freedom to choose and change one’s physician or other health care practitioner
- Portable coverage not affected by changing jobs, losing jobs, or moving
- Fair financing through employer and employee contributions based on income
- Guaranteed accessibility based on community need
- Optimal transition to a system established and implemented by consumer, legislative, business, hospital, and provider interests
Health Care for All Texas was founded in 2002 by two physicians at the front lines of medicine to promote universal health care by educating the community and influencing public policy.
Learn more about joining us here.
Is Health Care a Human Right?
We believe it is
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted in 1948 by the United Nations at they urging of the United States, holds that every human being has the right to health, including health care based on the following principles:
1. Universality: This means that everyone in
the United States has the human right to
2. Equity: This means that benefits and
contributions should be shared fairly to
create a system that works for everyone.
3. Accountability: This means that the U.S.
government has a responsibility to ensure
that care comes first.
March 2010 Greenwatch interview with HCFAT
Support our educational actvities with time or money
Health Care For All - Texas
Help us in our efforts to improve health care